Skip to main content

LIVING THE BHAGAVAD-GITA

This startlingly original book combines the teachings of Sri Krishna and the sage Patanjali to emphasise the real purpose of yoga.

In the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna is actually teaching Arjuna on the battlefield as he addresses the prince’s fears, doubts, and dilemmas. And the questions that Arjuna asks Krishna are as relevant and pressing for the modern reader as they were centuries ago: Why am I suffering? How do I find peace within? How do I comprehend the difference between right and wrong? Who am I, and how do I understand myself? What is the purpose of life? 

Living the Bhagavad-gita: Ancient Wisdom for Modern Life presents a lucid analysis of the multiple meanings of the word ‘yoga’ that Krishna teaches in the Bhagavad Gita. The yogic journey is a process of training and refining the mind, senses, and emotions, and the Gita is the finest guide to understanding life, love, and relationships; the body, mind, and senses; and the nature of the soul.

Available here